Perform some advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Make certain you analyse the question well and paraphrase it in then the introduction. This kind of question asks in regards to the pros and cons and an essential word let me reveal “ outweigh“. The question asks if advantages are more powerful than the disadvantages so you need to give your opinion here.
Some students just talk about the advantages only but it is a wrong approach and you could lose marks. The essay needs to have balance. The initial body paragraph could possibly be in regards to the upside together with second body paragraph may be about the downsides along with your opinion for the essay that is whole.
Lots of students neglect to give their opinion in this kind of essay, or maybe they simply give their opinion briefly in the conclusion. Your situation should be clear for the essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. Write your opinion when you look at the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion in the introduction, main body as well as the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples through the essay but be careful of giving information that is too much. Keep it simple and overly do not complicate it. 4. Be sure the essay is balanced, pay for essays not merely currently talking about advantages only.
Listed here are 2 possible structures for this kind of task:
Note: Structures are just guidelines to help you plan out your essay, there isn’t any special magic structure that will allow you to get a Band 7, there are many approaches to structure an essay.
Some individuals believe that consumption tax on food products is a way that is good raise revenue for the government.
Talk about the pros and cons of this policy
This particular essay will not ask for your opinion, it really is more like a discussion essay you can see that the question does not ask : Do you think…? or Do you agree or disagree… so you need to write about pros and cons,? / What is your opinion ? So this is not asking a opinion that is direct.
First analyse the question and paraphrase it then. The essay has to just be well balanced like in example 1 with explanations regarding how its an edge or disadvantage. Don’t just speak about advantages, give both sides in the essay. The conclusion is just a directory of the points which you produced in the human body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well then paraphrase it. 2. Give one illustration of the benefits in main body paragraph 1, after that give one of these of the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Try not to give your personal opinion as the question will not ask because of it. 4. Give good examples for the essay but be mindful of giving a lot of information. Keep it simple, be cautious about giving examples that are too many. 5. Be sure the essay is balanced, not just currently talking about advantages only.
Here is a structure that is good this kind of task:
These days with advances in technology greater numbers of individuals will work at home.
Talk about the pros and cons of the and provide your very own opinion
This essay type is very comparable to example 1, here you have to give your opinion and discuss the pros and cons, the difference that is main to example 1 is the fact that it generally does not mention the word outweigh. The thing that is main watch out for could be the words Discuss and present your own opinion. Similar to in example 1 you will need to paraphrase the question, give a balanced approach in the primary body paragraphs and provide your opinion in the introduction and again into the conclusion.
The examiner has to see your opinion through the whole essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one example of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that provide an example of the disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion in the introduction, main body together with conclusion. 4. Give specific examples in the essay but be mindful of giving information that is too much. Ensure that it stays simple. 5. Make sure the essay is balanced, not just currently talking about advantages only.
What structure can I use?
Structures are simply ideas to help you plan your essay out , there isn’t any special magic structure that will allow you to get a high score. I will suggest 2 body paragraphs with this type of essay you could use 3 main body paragraphs if you want, no more than that.
- In main body paragraph 1 you can write about an edge and explain it further, always don’t forget to give an example of the advantage. When possible talk about the outcome of this advantage. Main body 2 is the same, write on one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You have to give your opinion into the introduction if the question asks for the opinion. You’ll be able to utilize the main body paragraphs to back up your opinion. You need to rephrase your view in the conclusion also.
Heavily weighed to consider. Do not give examples that are too many you might set off track, stay glued to one advantage plus one disadvantage and talk about those. You haven’t got time for you to get into way too much detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too information that is much.
Plan your essay well, put aside ten full minutes planning time, think about at the very least one supporting point for your topic sentence in each body paragraph that is main.